3 May 2010

Squirrel Wee Anyone?

So, another Laughter-House Comedy night has come and gone. It’s the little things which make me laugh. Like the way that one comedian looked at me when I said ”I’m doing five minutes, just before you.”

You’d think I’d suggested that he go outside and drink a pint of squirrel wee. He obviously didn’t approve. You could see it in his eyes “Oh no, the promotor’s having a go at performing.”

Thing is, I know my Laughter-House audience. Most of them have been with me right from the off. I’d likely be lynched if I didn’t go on stage. Even if only briefly. They like my naughty verse. They like me talking about my muff. They’re familiar with it. In a manner of speaking.

It was a cracking atmosphere. Our headliner, Brendon Dempsey, was awesome. ”Have a good one” I said to him, just before he took to the stage. “Oh, I always do” he said, smiling. “Not sure about the audience though.”

Don’t believe a word of it. They loved him and his casual Irish charm and clever humour. I think he was better the other night than when I've seen him on the TV. A definite re-book for Mr Dempsey.

So…what next? Well, promotion for the next show I suppose. Thursday 20th May, so I’ll need to go into Basingstoke Town Centre and prat about as a sodding elf again just to raise awareness.

The things you have to do! Still, beats working at Irrational Squid, being bullied for a living.

If you want to come along, we'd love to see you. You can buy your tickets online through our website www.laughter-house.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see a show live one day soon :) Sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete