4 December 2010

Feed The Children

Last night I performed at a charity gig. They're not the best platform for comedy, especially when everyone has turned up for a disco.

Still, I like to think I did my bit for Feed the Children by restraining myself at the buffet and letting the stroppy 8 year old in the red jumper push his way in front of me.

And I'm still puzzling over the stats. Apparently 20% or so of kids don't eat breakfast before they leave home on the morning. So how come all these obese kids are running around? Oh, hold on. They're not.

It's a great cause and last night a lot of money was raised so it was Well Worth It.

On 3 February 2011 Laughter-House Comedy
will be playing host to many new out-of-town guests who have already purchased their tickets. Our headline act is the wonderful Simon Evans

Over one third of our tickets have already sold online - I have just added another ten but after they have gone, online tickets sales will be temporarily suspended for this event because I don't want our regulars to lose out.

However, please do buy your tickets before Christmas; available from myself (for Loyalty Members) or direct from the Red Lion Hotel in Basingstoke. It looks like we could easily sell out completely two months before the February event.

A big thank you to our much loved compere Danny Dawes. Danny is hugely popular with our customers and really adds to the Laughter-House ambience.

And final thanks go to our sound and light man - my husband Alastair - and our audience supporters and 'brand soldiers': you very special people know who you are.

Jan xxx

1 comment:

  1. Don't they make up for missing breakfast by stuffing their faces with sweets from the tuck shop?

    ReplyDelete