19 December 2010

Comedy competitions

Last night I watched the final of the FHM stand up comp, and I'm still at a loss to understand why the lovely Nathan Caton didn't win.

Out of all the contestants, it was obvious that the audience loved him the most, but then he's a particularly endearing performer with a real likeability factor. He also has very original material.

It was lovely to see three Laughter-House comedians (the two others were Liam Mullone and Andrew Watts) being showcased on the final, and I'm proud to say that our line ups for next year are continuing to get better and better.

But comedy is very subjective. One person's Couldn't Stop Laughing is often someone else's What's all he Fuss About. Personally I didn't think the person who won the FHM stand up comp was the best.

But then we can't all like the same things. Or else we'd all be in a real pickle.

Wouldn't we?

I'm off to write my Christmas Cards. A job I hate. Expect some moaning about that soon.

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment